We strive for continual review of our processes to ensure that our environmental impacts are reduced to minimal levels.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Developing and reviewing environmental objectives and targets, and documenting and monitoring our overall environmental performance.
- Training our staff on environmental matters to increase awareness and ensure policy compliance.
- Commitment to prevention of environmental pollution, focusing on minimising release of contaminants and efficient use of raw materials to conserve natural resources.
- Communication of our commitment to environmental responsibility to all our staff, contractors, suppliers and customers.
- Management at all levels of the company are responsible for ensuring that this policy is communicated and adhered to by all employees and that it is made available to interested members of the public.
- All waste water from cleaning processes to be disposed of in a sewered system such as a cleaner’s trough or toilet pan.
- All efforts must be made to ensure waste cannot make its way into storm drains or ground water.
- All chemical spills are to be contained as best as possible and reported to the Area Manager.
- Where appropriate, waste materials are to be recycled.
- All chemical containers, dispensers etc are to be kept and recycled.
- Ensure all electrical items such as lights and air-conditioning are switched off once tasks have been completed.
- Micro-fibre technology will be incorporated where possible to reduce the need to use chemicals.
- Battery Recycling
- Environmentally responsible products will be used as per the Australian Standard AS4351.
- All paper products and bin liners are to be recycled products.
- Environmental responsibilities will be incorporated into initial staff inductions.
- Work closely with the waste and recycling contractor to achieve the desired reduction targets.
- Embracing new technology in equipment to cut down on chemical and water usage.
- Sites to be assessed for environmental impact.
- To place a Chemical Spill Cleanup Guide in all cleaners’ rooms (where provided).
- Discuss with suppliers whether more environmentally friendly products can be used.
As new vehicles are purchased equip them with more appropriate storage facilities for chemicals.